Welcome to Cincidsm

Search   in  

Create an AccountHome | Submit News | Your Account | Content | Topics | Top 10  

Login (old forum)
Nickname

Password

Security Code
Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Navigation
· Home
· Calender
· Donations
· Forums
· HOW-TOs
· Picture Gallery
· Private Messages
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· User Profile

Advertisements

User Info
0 New Messages

Membership:
Latest: Rommel
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 214

People Online:
Visitors: 22
Members: 0
Total: 22

Cincidsm: Forums

Cincidsm Web Forum :: View topic - Oxygen sensors and A/F gauges (and other things) *EDIT*
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oxygen sensors and A/F gauges (and other things) *EDIT*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cincidsm Web Forum Forum Index -> 95-99 DSM Turbo's
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ripture

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Oxygen sensors and A/F gauges (and other things) *EDIT* Reply with quote

EDIT::: Turns out it was bad wires. I replaced them with ones from NGK and the car runs fantastic. This brings up a new question though. Is stock boost on a T-25 turbo really 12-14 PSI? That's where it settles to when I go WoT. It has no boost controller or any leak valves or anything so I don't know what would be raising it if it were. This would probably also make lowering it hard. Anyway, yeah. That's where I'm at now.

First of all, I want to say I know, well, pretty much squat about all of this car stuff, but I'm interested in learning, more specifically about my 2g Talon. If anyone cares to read, I'll spurt out a semi-quick preface to my issues. If you just want to read about the O2 stuff, go to the last paragraph and skip it.

The car hasn't really changed since I bought it may of '05, problem-wise. The car came with aftermarket boost and A/F gauges, but other than that, she was stock as far as I could tell. However, eventually I spazz'd out and installed bigger UIC pipes, an open-air filter, and what turned out to be a cheapo knockoff BOV. Everything still seems ok, except that as far as I can remember, if I give it too much boost (9-14PSI), it will crazy misfire. Now, this is the best way I know to describe it. I could be wrong about what is actually happening, but it seems like one or more cylinders are not firing. The car begins to knock around and, essentially, stop or very slowly accelerate. This happens until I let off the boost and then it's fine again.

One day, it was really wet outside and the MAS got messed up, causing the engine to be REALLY bad. I went and had the spark plugs replaced (he put BUR7EQ's in it) and the car ran perfectly. It wouldn't misfire, jump, rattle, nothing. That was great for about a few days, about. Then the problem came back.

Today, I finally pulled the plugs to see if I could see anything. (Like I would of known what to look for anyway) Far as I can see it looks like normal wear. This is what they look like new.
Code:
http://www.ngk.com/results_cross.asp?pid=bur7eq&x=0&y=0

My ground electrodes were almost completely black on almost all of the plugs. One, maybe another, had some whiteish looking areas on one of the electrodes, but other than that they were 90% black. One of them even had a gold sort-of color to the body of it, while the rest were silver. Anyway, I plan on getting a new set of BPR6EKNs and wires from NGK and see if that does anything.

Anyway, on to the O2 sensors. I have the A/F gauge that, for a while, seemed to be working ok. By working ok, I mean the light going from rich to lean and back and fourth. During load, obviously it settles over the rich area. So, lately it seems to have gone crazy. Sometimes at idle, all of the lights will come on and somewhat flicker, until I just touch the gas. The lights flip out and go all over the place , acceleration or not. If anyone wants, I could always try to get this on video and post it somewhere if you wanna see. My question is could this mean that the A/F gauge just sucks, in which case I'll just remove the stupid thing, or could this be a sign that the O2 sensor or whatever the gauge is reading this info from is messed up?

Thanks to anyone who responds, especially so to my other problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cincidsm Web Forum Forum Index -> 95-99 DSM Turbo's All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: